W.J. (Bill) Yerdon br>
OPERATIONS & FACILITIES SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Working with people providing a stronger healthier workplace has always been the foremost objective in a career built developing and maintaining first rate office operations and facility support services. I believe in finding the solution rather than dwelling on the problem is the best route to success.
The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon Division
2012 – Pres.
- Manage the effective facility operations of both the Vancouver and Victoria offices of the society including daily operating systems, interface with tenants for lease hold and capital improvements and lease renewals.
- Design and implement the renovations of space to accommodate the relocation of Society operations to new headquarters.
FACILITY OPERATIONS CONSULTANT
W.J. (Bill) Yerdon, Vancouver, BC
2012 – Pres.
- Developed an independent consulting business to work harmoniously with customers to meet all their facility operating needs. Provide excellent follow through while maintaining quality assurance at every level of assistance and action our motto being “in business to free to do yours”
- Major Contracts Included:
- Wiliams Moving/Correction Services of Canada (CSC) Working as the Moving Coordinator effectively relocated the Pacific-HQ for CSC from four locations into one. Ensuring an effective liaison was maintained over 250 staff their files and equipment were relocated with three weeks with minimal disruption to operations or staff.
MANAGER, FACILITY SERVICES
Schneider Electric, Burnaby, BC
2005 – 2011
- Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, ensured essential daily operations were maintained for Renewable Energies Head Office including: Fire/Safety, Security, Electrical/Mechanical, Grounds, Waste Management, Contracted Cafeteria and Janitorial Services.
- Coordinated activities of general contractors for leasehold improvements and building renovations, and effectively negotiated and implemented contracts for above systems and services as required.
- Successfully relocated over 225 staff, furnishings and equipment, within a five week period with minimal disruption to staff or operations
- Established and directed General Contractor in the development of eight million dollar renovation of 100,000 sq. ft structure. Ensured construction schedules were maintained without delay and relocation of corporate headquarters was completed within six month period on time within budget.
- In conjunction with real estate broker, established site criteria, researched and determined location for new corporate headquarters. Reduced cost by $2.00 /sq. ft. by effectively conducting preliminary least negotiations
- Located and negotiated lease of properties for expansion of product engineering & warehouse groups in Livermore Ca., to coincide with existing manufacturing location within two block radius.
Interface Operating Solutions, Vancouver, BC
1999 – 2005
- Developed and operated independent consulting business, providing cost effective, time saving services in facility operations and support; specialized in areas of Building Operations & Relocation Arrangements.
- Major Clients Included:
- SuperPages, 2002-2004 – developed and oversaw the space planning, facility renovations, systems furnishings and relocation of over 400 staff during a corporate expansion. Directed the design and construction to renovate 20,000 sq. ft. of additional space for corporate expansion. Reorganized the space of 56 staff to accommodate 74, without acquisition of additional space.
- Golder Associates, 2001 – coordinated the construction schedule and developed space planning to reconfigure over 15,000 sq. ft and effectively consolidate staff from two floors into one.
- Christopher’s Contract Services, 2000 – implemented office procedures for new scheduling and dispatch system for the delivery of furniture and services.
- Canac/Microtel, 1999 – Managed the dissolution of facility operations including termination of lease, sale of assets and site restoration, reducing extra lease expenses and maximizing recovery proceeds.
Challenge Enterprises Ltd.
1999 – 2003
- Responsible for security implementation and reporting liaison with customer.
MANAGER of OPERATIONS SERVICES
1986 – 1998
- Development & Implementation of support services and daily operations for new NWS project office of over 150 staff.
BC Housing Corp.
- Oversee the daily operations of area field office and support staff for corporation properties
OFFICE SERVICE SUPERVISOR
MPR Teletech Ltd
1978 – 1985
- Coordinated the household relocation of over 50 staff from Eastern Canada to Vancouver
- Assisted in planning and organization of new 100,000 sq. ft. R & D facility
R & D LIAISON
Automatic Electric Ltd
1977 – 1978
- Coordinate departmental administration and reporting between R&D and head office.
FIXED ASSET ACCOUNANT
Philips Cables Ltd
1973 – 1977
- All phases of record keeping for fixed assets from acquisition to trial balance
PART TIME & SUMMER
- N.B Savage Tax
- Ontario Dept of Forestry
- Coke Cola ltdTax
- Corner Lunch